Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crock Pot Country Green Beans

I just love green beans, don't you?  To me they just have "southern" written all over them.  I guess that's because I associate them with my grandmother and great grandmother who always fixed them.

I grew up in a house next to my great grandmother who had quite an impressive garden.  She grew everything from okra to squash to zucchini to tomatoes (including green beans).  She passed away when I was really young, but I still remember running over to her house to see what she had picked from the garden and had brought back to her house in her wheel barrow.

My grandmother also always brings an amazing dish of green beans to every family get together.  I remember sitting on a stool at her house trimming them from time to time when she would get some fresh beans from her neighbor.

Look how fresh those little guys look!

So I guess I should say that to me green beans bring back fond memories of family.  Maybe they do for you too.

Either way you'll love this dish!  This is so easy to throw together and the flavor is fantastic!




Crock Pot Country Green Beans CCK Original
Printable Version
1 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut to desired size
1/2 small onion, diced
2 C chicken broth
1 package Goya vegetable seasoning
2 inch strip of fat back (or a piece of bacon)
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in crock pot on high for 2 hours.


Trimming the beans

If you haven't discovered Goya yet you are truly missing out.

Mmmmm

Yep, that's it :)

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan