Friday, April 6, 2012

Honey Pecan Waffles

Sunday is probably my favorite day of the week.  This is for several reasons.....I get to sleep in a bit before waking up to make a nice breakfast for the hubby before we go to church....sometimes I come home and take a quick cat-nap and read a book in the afternoon....and Trey and I usually go take a long walk at some point in the afternoon.  I just love the ease of the day and all of the leisurely activities it brings.

So back to the breakfast part I mentioned.  I would love to be able to say that I fix a nice hearty breakfast during the week, but the reality is that just doesn't happen.  I already get up at 6:30 and I really don't ever feel like setting the clock thirty minutes earlier just so I can make a nice omelette.   I know that sounds awful, but I'd rather have the extra sleep.

But Sunday is a different story.  Trey used to go to the 8:30 service at our church before we got married, but I've talked him into attending the 11:00 one :)  One big plus is that I have plenty of time to get up and fix a decent meal before we go to church.  And this past Sunday that turned out to be waffles.



One of my favorite things about waffles is how easy to it to mix things up.  You can throw in some fruit, honey, oats, nuts, etc without fear of really messing anything up.

This version is made with whole wheat flour, honey and pecans.  The flavors meld together perfectly (in my humble opinion) and the waffles have the perfect amount of crunch.

Enjoy!

PS I apologize for the lack of pictures.  I took a lot more, but a lot of them turned out fuzzy :(




Honey Pecan Waffles CCK Original
Printable Version
2 eggs
2 C wheat flour
1 1/2 C milk
1 Tbsp honey
4 tsp baking powder
1/3 C oil
3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C pecans

Preheat waffle iron.

Beat eggs until slight foamy and fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Beat in all remaining ingredients *except for the pecans*.  Combine thoroughly.

Fold in pecans by hand, stirring until just combined.

Spray waffle iron with Pam and cook until just golden brown, according to waffle iron instructions.

Look at that crisp edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan