Monday, April 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins

Happy Monday!  Have you missed me??  So sorry for the serious sketchiness around here lately.  My evenings are getting busier and busier, and I'm still working on hammering out some type of schedule that will allow me to still blog every day.  Thank you for your patience :)

Today's posts features peanut butter oatmeal muffins.  I recently created a recipe for some other oatmeal muffins that used honey, but peanut butter is one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures and I love adding it to just about anything I can get my hands on.  Including muffins.


This recipe is from the ever so lovely Paula Deen, yall.  While these muffins aren't super sweet, they are definitely filling and I found that they made a perfect breakfast option I could grab on the way out the door on busy mornings.  And because peanut butter is packed with protein I tell myself that they're healthy and filling too.  No harm in that, right?




Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins adapted from Paula Deen
Printable Version
1 C white flour
1/2 C wheat flour
1/2 C rolled oats, plus more for sprinkling
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C packed brown sugar

1/2 C chunky peanut butter
2 eggs
1 C milk
1 tsp vinegar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare muffin pan with liners.

Add vinegar to milk.  Set aside.  *If you remember my post about vinegar and milk you'll know that you could also use buttermilk here instead.

In large bowl whisk together first seven ingredients.

Brown sugar makes everything better.

In separate small bowl combine milk (with vinegar), eggs, and peanut butter.  Whisk thoroughly until combined and smooth.

Note the farm fresh eggs :)

Carefully add peanut butter/milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine.



Fill prepared muffins cups with batter.  Sprinkle with additional oats if desired.  Bake 18-22 minutes.



Extra oats sprinkled on top for good measure.

Nice and fluffy!

Of course you have to add a little extra peanut butter on top too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan