Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Wailings....and Some Coveted Items

Confession:  The blog has gotten me slightly overwhelmed.  I absolutely love posting every day, but sometimes life gets in the way and then the post becomes a chore rather than something I enjoy.

I know the posts may seem short, but through and through they usually taken me about an hour. And this isn't including the cooking time for whatever I feature.  By the time I upload my photos, edit them, type up my text, include the recipe and a link to a printable version, and then go through the description of the recipe steps, I'm usually upwards of 60 minutes.  And some evenings that's just not doable.  I wish it were, but it's not.

Hopefully I can figure out a pattern of sorts that will work (maybe 3 times a week on the same days), but the most important thing to me is being consistent.  I want for someone who follows this blog to be able to count on reliable posts around the same time on certain days.  I'm still working on nailing down a schedule that will work for me, but until then just hang in there :)  Bear with me please!

So today, instead of the balsamic pork chops I had planned on featuring, I am going to share some favorite coveted items I'm salivating over currently......





I just finished The Omnivore's Dilemma by this same
wonderful author (review to come soon!) and am itching to get my
hands on this book.


How adorable are these brown paper baking cups?  I love the
origami-like folds and the fact that they make whatever
is in them look a bit more rustic.  Bonus:  these cups (all all the products
featured on Bio and Chic) are eco-friendly!


I have a slight crush on this item.  The only thing keeping me from whisking
one off the shelf at Bed Bath and Beyond is the darn price tag.  I've
tried to reason with myself (and the hubby) that I would
use it enough to justify the exorbitant price, but haven't been able
to bring myself to plop down the debit card yet.  Maybe one day.....


Last year I was looking for a yummy goody that I could ship to my sister
and stumbled upon Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.  Wow.  To say
her flavors are to die for would be like saying that I  just sort of like Italian
Cream Cake :)  Jeni's ships nationwide and also features sorbets and
yogurts as well.


I absolutely love my KitchenAid and have gotten very comfortable using
it, but now I'm interested in branching out with a few of
the attachments.  And I figured if regular spaghetti is yummy,
then homemade spaghetti must be out of this world!


Most of my dinnerware and serve-ware is Juliska, and I always love
seeing the new items they roll out.  This mouth blown 
glass is just exquisite and is perfect as both decor and 
as a serving dish.  Double duty!


What's on your list??







No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan