Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Links ~ Cupcakes

TGIF!  How does that saying never get old?  Probably because Fridays and the weekends that accompany them shortly thereafter never get old.  Another thing that never gets old?  Cupcakes.

I know you love them too.  Layer cakes will always have a special place in my heart, but I've often found that cupcakes go over better when there's a crowd involved.  This is especially true if that crowd is mingling.  You don't want to have to mess with cutting a slice of cake, balancing it on your plate while juggling your fork, and then have to figure out what you're going to do with your wine glass while you enjoy your tasty treat.  But you will swiftly grab a cute cup of cake neatly bundled in its own wrapper.

And therefore I bring you some of my fave cupcakes from around the web today.  Some of these I like because of their unique flavor combinations and others I just like because they look pretty.  Yes, I'm judging the book by it's cover here.  Deal with it.  And do the same yourself here.


Gluten Free Blackberry Lemon Cupcakes
I'm loving that more bakeries out there are whipping up
gluten free versions of their favorite sweet treats.  These fruity cups of
love are certainly no exception!


Bee Hive Cupcakes
Bee-autiful!  They would be perfect for a summer 
themed bash or child's birthday party. 
Newsmix

Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar
The perfect gift idea that makes sharing a scrumptious treat
both a breeze and mess free.  This serving method would also be
a great option for a casual get together.

Donut Cupcakes
Two of my favorite things combined into one.  Enjoy the yummy
dessert on top and then go for round two with the cupcake 
underneath!

Lemon Drop Cupcakes
Light and airy with a candied lemon
slice on top.  If these don't scream summer I'm not
sure what does.  I'm not sure if they do, but it would knock my
socks off if these had lemon curd in the middle.  Just sayin'.

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Cherries are finally in season and I'm dying to whip up
a sweet treat with them!  These look like
the perfect option.  Rich, yet delicate.

Sheep Cupcakes
How adorable are these little guys!  They are almost too
cute to eat.  Almost :)

White Chocolate Truffle Filled Cupcake
There's a truffle inside.  Need I say more?
I didn't think so :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan